Styrene-acrylic emulsion as an important class of intermediate chemical products, has a very wide range of uses, are mainly used for architectural coatings, metal surface latex paint, floor coatings, paper adhesives, adhesives. In order to solve the defects of high cost and poor water resistance of acrylic emulsion, styrene-acrylic emulsion has excellent performance in many aspects such as water resistance, durability, strength and so on.
Then the styrene-acrylic emulsion polymerization in which there will be advantages and disadvantages it? Today we come to talk about:
Advantages of emulsion polymerization:
(1) water as a medium, cheap and safe. Latex low viscosity, is conducive to mixing heat transfer, and continuous production;
(2) the polymerization rate, while the product of high molecular weight, polymerization can be carried out at a lower temperature;
(3) is conducive to the direct use of latex and environment-friendly production of products, such as water emulsion paint, adhesives, paper, leather, fabric treatment agent.
Disadvantages of emulsion polymerization:
(1) the need for solid products, the emulsion to be through the cohesion, washing, dehydration, drying and other processes, the higher the cost;
(2) Emulsifiers and other impurities left in the product, it is difficult to completely remove the net, loss of electrical properties.
Fixing Agent,Cationic Fixing Agent Is Polyelectrolyte, Consists of A Series of Organic Synthesis with Low Molecular Weight and Strong Cationic, Which Is Generally 100% Cationic. Product Character Is Aqueous Solution.